.:: Usoft Technologie ::.  

Go Back   .:: Usoft Technologie ::. > .:: Smart Phone‏ ::. > Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S2, Apps, Games, Accessories, Android

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.usoftsmartphone.com/t14882.html
Posted By For Type Date
Samsung Galaxy S3, - Feedage - 22879546 This thread Refback 04-07-2013 08:41 AM

Similar Threads
Thread
Samsung Galaxy S2 - Three UK network down & network closure: [ General News 2014 ]
Galaxy Note I717 - 3G/4G/LTE data network on SHV-E160L/S/K phones in The US.: [ General AT&T 2014 ]
Galaxy Note I717 - AT&T JB on T-Mobile network: [ General AT&T 2014 ]
Galaxy Note I717 - Network Locked SIM card Inserted?: [ General AT&T 2014 ]
Galaxy Note I717 - Will this mess up my signal?: [ General AT&T 2014 ]

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 01:43 AM
Administrator

Default Galaxy Note I717 - Getting network signal on Fido / Ontario network: [ General AT&T 2

UsoftTech :: WwW.UsoftTech.CoM ::

Getting network signal on Fido / Ontario network

Hi guys,

I have a thread here where I've been trying to troubleshoot my issue of extremely unstable/intermittent Fido network signal strength:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post40012553

I feel like I'm going around and around flashing different Roms, Radios/modems, etc... to no avail. I'm confident my APN settings are fine and the phone is unlocked, and my SIM is compatible/fine, etc. I can't seem to get more than a 0 to 2 bar signal, with either 0 mobile network or edge:2 network connection. I've tried playing with the bands via *#2263# but haven't solved the issue. If you read the other thread you'll see I've tried reverting to stock telus rom/radio, then blackstar x and xi, etc... and a slew of different radios/modems. While a fair number work, none seem to pull a decent signal. It seems now that I can get a signal with the stock modems for Rogers and Bell, Telus gives me no signal, and the custom modems like VK1, Blaze, etc don't recognize my SIM. Only with stock Rogers and Bell modems to I get this weak 0 to 2 bar signal, and only in some locations in the GTA can I send/receive SMS and make calls. It's really a weak /unreliable signal.

It's been 2 weeks of trying to get to the bottom of this and I'm hoping someone with some experience with Fido in the Ontario/Canada region can shed some light for me!!

new thread of Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S2, Apps, Games, Accessories, Android