.:: Usoft Technologie ::.  

Go Back   .:: Usoft Technologie ::. > .:: Smart Phone‏ ::. > ONE PLUS ONE, 1+ one , Apps, Games, Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2016, 09:53 PM
Administrator

Default ONEPLUS ONE- Strangest "Bricked" Oneplus One: No recovery, locked OS, can't unlock bootloader: [Q&A]

UsoftPhone :: WwW.Usoftphone.CoM ::

Strangest "Bricked" Oneplus One: No recovery, locked OS, can't unlock bootloader

Hi there, I've come in to the possession of the most stubbornly bricked phone that I've ever seen :confused:. Bought a OPO off Craigslist, someone cracked the screen and sold it for cheap instead of fixing it. It had been remote wiped but still has some strange difficult software. Posted this problem to the Oneplus Forum but have had no response, thought XDA would be more qualified!

From what I can tell it's a Oneplus One that was sold through a re-seller that replaced all the software on the phone with a high-security version of Android. It's called EncroChat and from their website (encrochat.network or encrochatsure.com) it looks like it removes the recovery from the phone and replaces it with an EncroChat OS (some kind of Cyanogen) that you can boot to in addition to the Android OS.

Well I assume during the remote wipe something went wrong with the software and the phone no longer really functions. It boots up fine but can't connect to Wifi, cellular, not detected when connected to my PC, and has no real apps to speak of. I think most of the device's drivers are missing. Trying to boot to recovery instead boots to their EncroChat OS which is locked behind a password that neither I nor the person I bought it from knows.

I can get to fastboot and my PC will detect the phone then but running the bootloader unlock command doesn't work, the phone just reboots into the locked EncroChat OS. My idea now is to try and hardbrick the phone and then re-do everything on the phone over again, but I can't figure out how to do that. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Strangest "Bricked" Oneplus One: No recovery, locked OS, can't unlock bootloader

new thread of ONE PLUS ONE, 1+ one , Apps, Games, Accessories